Welcome to Career Tech! We are excited that you are interested in enrolling at CTHS. Enrolling at CTHS is a bit different than enrolling at another public high school. In essence, you are about to apply for a job at Career Tech. The process has seven steps. You must complete all the steps in order to be enrolled.
Allow us to get in touch with you. For assistance with an application process, please use the submit form below with your contact information. We will follow up with a prompt call back or return email.
Step One: Download an application packet which includes:
Step Two: Complete and return these to Career Tech:
- Career Tech Application Form
- Writing Samples (typed)
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Policy Quiz
Step Three: Make an appointment.
- Find out the dates and times that the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) may be taken.
Step Four: TABE
- Take the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) test.
Step Five: The Lottery and Waiting List
- If you are enrolling at the start of a school year, you may be subject to a lottery to determine who will fill the available spaces at Career Tech. If your name is pulled, you will go to Step Six. If your name is not pulled or if the school is at capacity, you will be on the waiting list in the order that you completed Step Four.
Step Six: The Intake
- An Intake appointment will be set for you and your parents/guardians to meet with Career Tech staff to discuss the program and to fill out Career Tech and LCSD enrollment paperwork.
Step Seven: Enrollment
- When the paperwork and the intake are completed, you are enrolled as a student at Career Tech.
- If you have a current IEP (individual education plan), we will need to arrange an IEP (change of placement) meeting with you and your special education team.